Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
As a discipline, Electrical & Electronics Engineering has a great impact on modern-day life and society. The curriculum in Electrical & Electronics Engineering framed by Anna University lays greater emphasis on design and development of electrical circuits, electrical machines, Power systems and Power Electronics. In a scenario where the conventional sources of energy like fossil fuels are finite in availability in the better perspective of economy , needs of society and industry , immense concentration on the development of new and renewable energy sources is paid on solar energy, wind and tidal power , biomass ,biodiesel, ethanol and others .
The department stresses on both the fundamentals of electronics and systems, as well as acknowledging the multi-disciplinary nature of the field. Closely allied with Computation and Neural Systems, Bioengineering, Computer Science, and Control and Dynamical System. It offers students the opportunity for study and research, both theoretical and experimental, in a wide variety of subjects, including power quality engineering , Protection and switch gear , Measurements and instrumentation , Electric drives ,control theory and signal processing. Substantial experimental laboratory facilities, housed mainly in the Electrical Engineering Laboratory, are associated with each of these research fields.
- To Provide a basic knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering principles along with the required supporting knowledge of mathematics, science, computing, and engineering fundamentals. To create employable and entrepreneurial engineers with academic excellence, positive attitude, effective communication & interpersonal skills, good character, self confidence and leadership qualities and high integrity to serve the interest of society and nation.
- Modern teaching methods with appropriate tools and well equipped laboratories composed of fine infrastructure enable to impart effective quality teaching and learning process by which the technical knowledge acquired will be translated usefully.
Go to the Top
- Is located as a separate building of the south side behind the main building of the college.The class & tutorial rooms are well equipped in the second floor. In the first floor the power system simulation laboratory is fully ails condition with 40 terminals. Modernized teaching aids are installed in the class room.
- Has dedicated highly qualified faculty members from both academic and industry. They have specialized in different areas such as power system, power electronics and drives, high voltage engineering, VLSI design, applied electronics etc.
- Has augmented in the latest technological developments and new trends, innovations in their own field with the aid of eminent technological experts from industries for enhancing the knowledge of students. A new seminar hall having all modernized teaching aids with a seating capacity of 200 is used for this purpose.
- Has latest software like MATLAB,LABVIEW,Mipower and Electronic design lab with the aid of this student can complete their project work in both software and hardware respectively. For this objective a separate laboratory has well equipped with all the necessary components.