Deptartment of Electronics and Communication and Engineering
The curriculum in Electronics & Communication Engineering framed by Anna University lays greater emphasis on design principles and development of Communication models, Signal Processing; Image processing, Embedded Systems and VLSI. In addition to this,the course lays greater emphasis on Electronics Engineering and Computer Engineering which are of utmost importance in today's world.
Electronics engineering is the discipline where non-linear and active electrical components such as electron tubes, and semiconductor devices, especially transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, are utilized to design electronic circuits, devices and systems, typically also including passive electrical components and based on printed circuit boards. The term denotes a broad engineering field that covers important subfields such as analog electronics, digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded systems and power electronics. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed within many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others.And, digital television has eliminated effects such as snowy pictures and ghosting. Telecommunication remains an important part of world economy. The industry’s revenue is placed at just under 3 percent of the gross world product. Throughout the course, students choose from a range of electives, including Image Processing, Data Compression and Encryption, Radar Engineering, Microwave Integrated Circuits, Simulation of Communications Systems, Optical Networks, Wireless Networks, Internet Communication Engineering, Microwave Amplifiers and Oscillator Design, Telecommunication Network Management. They learn about the planning and design, commissioning, performance monitoring, optimization and management of both small scale and complex telecommunication systems.
The manufacturing industry in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering produces radio, television, audio/visual, broadcasting and receiving equipments, hardware and associated software including computer systems, interfaces, security devices, data concentration, data transmission, signaling, satellite and radio communications and telephone equipment. Multimedia services are establishing employment opportunities not dreamed of years ago, for example video conferencing, interactive video on demand, internet broadcasting of conferences and training programmes and the real-time transfer of vast amounts of information.
Industrial Training is an integral part of the curriculum. In keeping with the spirit of the curriculum, the department stresses on nurturing the talent of students for top industries across the globe, or for pursuing higher studies and R&D in National and International Universities.
- To facilitate students acquiring theoretical knowledge as well as practical skills needed for meeting the challenges in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To achieve excellence not only in teaching – learning processes but also in adopting innovative techniques required to improve product quality in Electronics and Telecom Industries
Go to the Top
- Is located in the first and second floors of the Western Block of the college. The spacious class rooms and the tutorial room are in the second floor. All the laboratories are well equipped in the First floor. The smart classrooms are well equipped and mounted with latest LCD projector.
- Has well-qualified faculty members both from academic and industry. They have specialized in different areas such as VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing, Image Processing, Networking and Communications.
- Frequently conducts seminars covering latest developments and trends in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering by inviting experts from reputed institutions and industries for enriching the knowledge of students. A fully equipped Seminar Hall having latest equipments like Over Head Projector and LCD projector with a seating capacity of 200 is used for this purpose
- Has signed MOU's with Vaaraahi Embedded Technologies, BSNL and NEST advanced training institute for special trainings to the students.